BUT - here are some facts. Well, two facts. One - the Habs were the second best team in the NHL this year. Well, if you measure "best" by points. You know, like the standings do. Two - we are so low down on the list of Stanley Cup favourites among the "experts" that once again, we are being completely overlooked. The second best team in the league is being completely overlooked. That's a joke. That's why my pessimism has dissolved into a case of fuck-the-world-ism, and why I know that the Habs will raise Lord Stanley's chalice. Here's 25 reasons why:
- TFS. Duh;
- The CotU Mediots say it won't happen. When were they ever right about anything?
- Ghosts. The Habs wing in heaven now boasts the full Punch Line and the classiest gentleman to ever don a uniform in any sport ever. Karma, destiny. These ghosts shall guide us;
- The Sens have to come back to Earth sooner or later. Might as well be now;
- Then the Habs have to beat the Bolts sooner or later. Might as well be now;
- Then the Habs will be motivated to take revenge on the Rangers from last year;
- Then the Habs will meet the winner of the Western Conference, who will have spent the previous 6 weeks in a gladiatorial fight to the death in the West and will be exhausted. Easy pickings! Voilà, 25th Stanley Cup;
- Speaking of the West, did you know the Habs had more points in the regular season than any team in the all-powerful all-glorious West? Exactly. Easy pickings;
- So I was walking down the usual parade route just yesterday. It was clean and tidy following a very rare City of Montreal clean-up. The concrete spoke to me. It said "Hey
Allen 29TMS, wassup? I need beer spilled on me in celebration; I feel too clean and I need to be dirty. Dirty like that SuperSexe sign over there. Your positive vibes will make that happen. I guarantee it." Sorry I sort of made that up. Everyone knows the Ste. Catherine Street concrete speaks French;
- CHarger sip regularly has sex with the hottest of the Hockey Wives, Maripier Morin. He will be both very relaxed and energized, and will dominate like that kind of player does in the playoffs. Oh, and don't forget to read all about Hockey Wives and Maripier at this excellent blog!
- Dave Satriano of NHL.com picked the Habs to win the Cup, the only expert on there who did. I have no idea who Dave Satriano is. Frankly, that name sounds made up. But he's obviously right;
- "The FranCHise Saviour" sip vs. "The Hamburglar". Which nickname would you pick in a seven-game series?
- Then it's TFS vs. Ben Bishop. 1.96 GAA vs. 2.32. Math, bitCHes sip;
- Then it's TFS vs. a recently wounded King Henrik or an untested Cam Talbot. Meh;
- Then it's TFS against someone useless, as Pekka Rinne and NSH will be long gone by then. Elliott? Corey Crawford? Meh. Dubnyk? Untested. Easy pickings! Voilà, 25th Stanley Cup;
- PatCHes sip will be healthy sooner or later, and he's gonna be pissed;
- Holy shit do we have a lot of decent to excellent defencemen! PFK, Vodkov, N8, Dish, Gilbert coming back, not to mention a future hall of famer just sitting in the press box waiting for his turn;
- Grit, motherfuckers! Those trade deadline deals for grit are bound to pay off sooner or later. Might as well be now. In DGMB we trust;
- Our good young forwards (KidG, LEGO, gCHuk sip) now have a long run of playoff experience under their belts and know what it takes;
- MT2.0's system is a nightmare to watCH sip and boring as fuck. But it is made for the playoffs;
- Arpon Basu said all of this better than me. I went to high school and was friends with Arpon Basu's brother. True story. So he must be right;
- I'm high;
- Conventional wisdom says the Habs rely too much on TFS. Conventional wisdom also said before the start of the season there would be a Kings-Bs final. Conventional wisdom can suck my dick;
- Did I mention TFS?
- juce's positivity is bound to pay off sooner or later. Might as well be now. GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!! GO HABS GO!!!