Feb 29, 2020

theKings of Pain™ (Canes)

~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~

Another two goal lead blown at the rink today

It's the same old thing as yesterday
There's a bad GM running our team in this spot
There's a bad coach here and the losing won't stop
I have stood here before in a hockey rain
With lots of trades running 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping Geoff will end Marc's reign
But it's Habs fans destiny to be the Kings of Pain

Another two goal lead blown at the rink today
That's our team out there
It's the same old thing as yesterday
That's our team out there
There's a bad GM running our team in this spot
That's our team out there
There's a bad coach here and the losing won't stop
That's our team out there

There's good players trapped in a wicked free fall
That's our team out there
There's a tired goalie froze in a desperate fall
That's our team out there
There's red sweaters beached by a coach's ebb
That's our team out there
There's red sweaters trapped in a GM's web
That's our team out there

I have stood here before in a hockey rain
With lots of trades running 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping Geoff will end Marc's reign
But it's Habs fans destiny to be the Kings of pain

There's an owner on a throne with his eyes torn out
There's a blind GM looking for a shadow of doubt
There's a rich man hoping for a sea of Red
There's Habs fans choking on a team that's dead

There's a Red sweater torn by a SFU pack
That's our team out there
There's a leafool gang smokin' a bunch o' crack
That's our team out there
Another two goal lead blown at the rink today
It's the same old thing as yesterday
I have stood here before in a hockey rain
With lots of trades running 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping Geoff will end Marc's reign
But it's Habs fans destiny to be the Kings of Pain
Kings of Pain
We'll always be Kings of Pain...

~ ~ ~
 ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~
 ~ ~ ~
 ~ ~ ~
 ~ ~ ~
 ~ ~ ~
 ~ ~ ~
 ~ ~ ~

29 comments:

  1. Kudos to the blog's PatriarCH !

    FHFantastic parody theM !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Maritimer2:10 PM

      MERCI BEAUCOUP!!

      Delete
  2. Well done moe and a fantastic job by our newest parodist the Maritimer!

    I'll tune it at some point late in this game to give the Canes a boost. Will be spending the rest of the day agonizing over upcoming kitchen renovation plans. $$$$$$$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People who go BosCH, dont go back.

      Delete
  3. the Maritimer2:16 PM

    I've already watched two games, both grandsons school teams played this morning at the LBR. I'm heading down to TD Station later to catch the Sea Dogs and Cape Breton Eagles. I'll probably make the 3rd period of the Habs/WhalerCanes. Thanks moe for the Raquel and Mustang themed pics, two of my favourite things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You watCH more hockey than McSplooge, you should be on TV

      Delete
  4. It is easy to forget leap years.

    Bonne Fête Pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What have we learned today, it seems the Corona virus will not effect 70 year old white men who drink Heiniken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the Maritimer4:33 PM

    When we were kids we literally ate dirt. We used to pull carrots from my uncle's garden, wipe the dirt off them with our hands and eat them. That put microbes in our bodies and helped to supercharge our immune systems. People today are excessively sanitary and scared to death of germs. I ain't scared of any fucking virus. I can fight it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandmother had a shot of gin every night to fight off colds. Two shots when she had a cold. Tanqueray.

      Delete
    2. the Maritimer5:13 PM

      After my grandfather had his heart attack, every night he had a shot of brandy in hot water mixed with a teaspoon of sugar.

      Delete
  7. This is fucking wild, my grandma took her gin the same way.

    I may be related to theM™!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Maritimer9:51 PM

      Must be how that generation liked their booze...

      Delete
  8. I know it's over but JFW...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wh'appen? Dish lost the script I guess. --SiM

    ReplyDelete
  10. the Maritimer9:58 PM

    A meaningless win but I still enjoy watching the guys win a game. I only saw the last 10 minutes, the inevitable collapse and the OT winner by Petry. Second time he's done that I think.

    My Sea Dogs won tonight as well. A good day for hockey.

    March is almost here, clocks go ahead next weekend, spring is 19 days away, golf is just around the corner. Silver linings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I didn't tune in to get the Canes that 4th goal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Inside the mind of BBB https://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/c0842b29-5d78-4790-bd3e-8ba6c76a5605__7C___0.html?utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=Internal+Share&utm_content=Screen

    Camera work has not improved in 50 years. Why not a drone that follows from behind and in front of the play?

    With our aging d men we will have the DD defence soon it Depends on Depends not to leak for three periods.

    New gold Beforigners on HBO. Its Norway with real Vikings in the present day. Nasty subtitles they are yellow. I am a subtitle maven and they give me problems, my lips are moving.

    Free agent tax, we need one. For every free agent you sign it hurts your cap or something anything to force free agents to sign in Montreal. Fuck off Rags and your rebuild, its called I sign free agents like Trump does stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so fucking great !

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkhQKV5o1-g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Moemen, I might have missed it.

      Delete
  14. the Maritimer3:59 PM

    The GM laid out his 'plan' to a Lapresse reporter. Google translate is iffy at best but it sounds something like this:

    1) Hope that Suzuki doesn't have a sophomore slump.
    2) Hope that Kid KoHo gets better.
    3) Hope the teams plays for the team not individual stats.
    4) Hope that Price and Weber still have something left when the youngsters hopefully get better.
    5) Maybe trade a forward for a defenceman.
    6. Do nothing July 1st.

    I think that's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot SaCHa Tzar will be a complete player day one

      Delete
    2. I was just triggered by another BBB observation about Cole Colfied. Lets just call CC Whiskey.
      Anyway he has to play a 200 ft game, why? All he does is score, you have a whole team who cant do that when needed, can you not fit in one player who just has a special skill set?

      Delete
    3. the Maritimer5:36 PM

      Yes, I did forget the Czar coming over. Just expect (Y)emelin and not Vodkov.

      The whole premise of the 'Plan' is based on 'Hope' and 'Luck'. Unless I'm reading the article wrong.

      Delete
    4. Hopes and prayers eh?! Helluva plan.

      #FireMolson #HireBobby

      Delete
  15. Apparently there was an earthquake about 3 clicks away from me. I heard or felt nothing...I blame the Habs for making me dead inside.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the Maritimer9:31 AM

    Big night for Draisatl and McD, I wonder how long it will take the Toronto Sports Network to make it all about matthews and marner?

    ReplyDelete
  17. https://fourhockeyfans.blogspot.com/2020/03/road-trip-from-shore-to-beach.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete