It's really pathetic how hard (and expensive) they're making it for average fans to access their favourite teams' games in the era of information. I resist all Amazon products and services in general, because of their anti-union stance - especially after what they did here in Quebec, so now I suppose Wednesdsy nights I'll head down to the Brasserie Cherrier or Barfly and support the bar owner who has to pay multiple streaming services to meet his customers' expectations.
Rogers leafNet ... I would love to see it all crash and burn. I should be able to see all the Habs games. I pay for cable TV so that gives me access to leafNet, tsn regional games and I have Amazon Prime through my Telus cellphone account. Not that I need to see 84 games, which I probably won't.
So I read this correctly... HaHarudy " a beloved long-time analyst" pause for effect and Kevin Blabiekstra " the rare former player with charisma and the ability to speak articulately – and, more to the point, to do so knowledgeably on every aspect of the game, from on-ice tactics to dressing room chemistry." scuse me? Now my only full time option is TVA with those two in the booth, one that screams and the other that doesn't know as well as Maxim LaTurtle providing "expert" analysis. Other that that we are sposed to watch murican broadcasts with fucking Whiner gretzkie maga cock sucker or some other broadcast which will prob explain why hockey lags behind other leagues in popularity ie see NFL. This is just fucking sad. At least on TVA there's a hot girl who seems to care. What a fucking mess brought to you by Scott Blue Specs Pelly ( if that's his name ) Proof that the armpit can fuck anything up Only up side is hopefully they send Franciois Gagnon to the fucking dumpster stie. anyway GGH
moe has always said it will get worse before it gets better. I will counter with it will always get worse and NEVER get better. It's a shit product. The bean counters at Rogers couldn't manage a dog fight.
Went to the Movies today for the first time in many years. Cineplex had a $5 day. We saw Dog Stars directed by Ridley Scott. Wife and I both enjoyed it 8 out of 10. Heard some new to me music by Hozier that I really liked in the soundtrack. Fuck Buttman, Fuck the baboon, Fuck Pee Pee, Daniel Smith, Dough Ford, Ratface, Nutlick, Nuttyahoo, thats all. Fantilli will be at training cap. Hage will be a Blue Jacket.
A bit from the end of the Graham Parker article got my attention:
His mordantly funny 2001 song I’ll Never Play Jacksonville Again details the true story of a gig at which Parker ended up playing to “two couples, two barmen who looked like Ted Nugent, and a guy who looked a bit gormless and kept staring at one of the women’s legs until her boyfriend head-butted him. Five people in the audience and there’s a fight! How fucking often does that happen, man? I thought, this is the end.”
He says he’s been true to the song’s title and never played Jacksonville again. “But only because nobody’s offered me a gig there. If the money’s good enough and there’s two other gigs nearby, maybe I’ll do it. And I’ll do that song. It’ll be fun.”
Pivot points. The habs are at a pivot point where the players have been so cap friendly the lever only asks how many cups. We wil cut through the expanded league like a transgrender in the PWHL. Right now the war in Ukraine is being decided by property devlopers, hope they dont come to your neighbourhood.
Phoebe Bridgers is real and she was not on friends. I like cat piss more than most pop music today. This breaks through all that vanilla yellow and maybe only the volcos or she is the hottest thing since Debbie Harry breaks through
The orange felon is on the rampage on his personal platform -- Liar's Social. He and his yapping lap dogs love to trash our country but I would bet not one of those fuckwits could win a fight. I would personally love to go one on one with bessent or hegseth. I'm 71 but I think I could take either one of them.
I don't know how it works yet, but it's Canadian. If you're looking to ditch your ties to American owned social media, try out Gander Social (note: not Grinder 🙂)
As good as some of his writing can be, CK still can't see past the edges of the CotU/GTA/Ontario and realize that yes, there are actually better options out there. Maybe even (GASP!) people that are neither from the Tronna/ON region nor played for the leaf. I'm sure there might be others, but Hrudey is actually the only one I can think of that didn't fit the Ontario or Leaf requirement in recent history. And we all know how he's still butthurt about '93.
I think they should hire Vinnie Damphousse, if he's interested. He was drafted by the wretched leaf but played for the Oilers and Habs. He would have a great perspective for three Canadian teams. But, that's too logical so it won't happen.
Had my FF draft last night. Got a decent squad plus a few rookie dart throws. As a four time champion (in 12 years), it's my drive for five. Just gotta stay healthy, my team was the 2023 Habs injury-wise last year (or whatever year it was the Habs led the man-games lost by a large margin).
GO PATS!!! *though they're in tough vs the Hawks. Still picked them to cover the 3.5 spread in my pick 'em pool though.
So I'm predicting a 3 point game 27-24...for one of the teams.
The puck drops on this season’s Saturday Night Hockey coverage featuring the return of Ron MacLean, Kevin Bieksa, Elliotte Friedman and Colby Armstrong on Oct. 3
so in the end it's just HahaHrudey and Bottershrill that got the boot.
Colby at least grew up a Habs fan (from the Prairies I think), but they won't let him identify that way.
Monday Night Hockey, which is exclusive to Sportsnet+, kicks off Oct. 5
Not sure if the Habs will have any games on this broadcast, but in any case I see they hired scumbag & Koivu's eye raker Justin Williams for that panel. Along with Luc Gagsdick. Hard pass. Fuck them.
WTF is going on in Edmonton? First, you hire a GM who was part of a sexual assault cover up. Second, you hire a coach who is a known abuser of young players. Third, and finally, you sign a gang rapist although acquitted was part of a sexual assault. Why in God's name would Connor McDavid want to be a part of that mess? I wish the Oilers nothing but ill will and hope they implode spectacularly. They are more disgusting than the leaf.
Well I got the spread right, I was just off by 2 TDs each. What a terrible pick to end the game. Horrible decision by Maye to throw that ball. Oh well, Steelers next Sunday for a game I'll actually be able to watch.
Kreider on waivers. Aside from Geoff Molson and some of the trainers, I don't believe there is anybody left from 2014. One of the writers at A Winning Habit says it and I can see a possibility where Hughes makes the call where he has only 1 year left on his contract (at $6.5m I think). At 35, I don't know if he's what the team needs. But if it costs nothing to attain a big winger, it could happen. I doubt it...but if it does, we'll just have to live with it. We're still not the Oilers. Carey Price night might be awkward.
Hard pass on Cry-der. The Habs don't need the drama that signing would cause. I want the team to stay in Carey Price's good graces. There are many other options that will become available in the next couple of weeks. I am of the belief that the Fantilli contract will make Waddell lower his demands for Marchenko. Marco D'Amico laid out a pretty good case for trying to get Pavel Zacha from the beaners. He would be a nice 2C behind Nick. Potted 30 last season. Good size as well.
Interesting theory ... there is a framework deal in place to get Marchenko and Hughes and Millstein are working on a contract extension. Possible Habs going the other way are Monty, DaCH, Eggman, Strubes, Z and a pick or two. This would replace some of the production from March and help Waddell sign Fantilli.
Carney had a great line, Canadians are not in the stands we are out on the ice fighting. Everybody Knows https://x.com/icantevenfilms/status/2034213516392235245/video/1 When the little men start casting big shadows, you know the sun is about to set Chinese Proverb.
Dont know if its true or not but every cable son and daughter must pay fifty dollars a year to see the leaf. If you got two daugeters you got to pay twice, and sons are double.
The Houstiz are like the sand people in Star Wars. Yet they beat the CHamp? I donna belivee it. Somewon sold out Saudiii who could it have been and how much did they pay him?
6'3" 230 lb Chris Kreider at 35 is an upgrade on Kid A. With the beefed up Panthers and others in our division, we need that. His one year deal is at a very low cost, just over 2 million. And none of our goalies will get Kreidered this season for sure. Now, about that Leafs goalie, Bobrovski...
Arthur Staple @StapeNHL Quick story that may help explain why Chris Kreider is now in Montreal:
-- Feb. 15, 2024. Jim Ramsay returns to MSG as the MTL trainer after 30 years with the #NYR and a dismissal the previous summer that left several Rangers very, very unhappy.
There was no acknowledgment in MSG for Ramsay and he was not shown or mentioned at all during the telecast.
After the game, Kreider was in his usual spot next to the door. Instead of just high-fiving his teammates after a 7-4 win he directed all of them to go and acknowledge Ramsay. Kreider did so too, in a long embrace on the ice in full view of anyone who cared to see.
Kreider had a hat trick in that game but didn't do any postgame media.
Habs fans remember 2014, but this is a character guy who still has some game left. 7:02 PM · Sep 12, 2026
One thing I can positively guarantee : Chris Kreider will be ecstatic to ditch that ugly orange sweater with a duck's head on it for the blue, blanc et rouge Sainted Flannel.
I'm not surprised. Hughes was clearly trying and failing at getting size in the lineup with Knies and Marchenko. A one year deal...OK, we need it. I would be curious if they would have the humility to check in with Price on this before signing him. Only because they will be honouring him. I doubt it, but maybe?
It's been 12 years, I kinda doubt Price still harbor's a grudge.
I'm OK with it after thinking about it. After reading other folk's thoughts, it is a pretty smart move by HuGo. They give up zero assets and still have enough cap space to sign BullDuke and AX. CK is not really blocking anybody except maybe Beck, it will be interesting to see if anyone is moved out in the days ahead.
I wonder who will be the center for Cryder and Demi? Larkin?
I have a feeling HuGo aren't done yet. They are in 'win now' mode. I could see CC, Fast Lane and Crash doing a conference call with Dylan Larkin ... "Dude, do you want to win a Cup? The only problem is who does HuGo call to make a deal? I would offer Kappy OR DaCH + LD + 2nd round pick 2027 + 1st round pick 2028.
I forgot to mention yesterday, RIP to Canadian heavyweight boxing champ George Chuvalo. He became famous for going toe to toe with Ali, not once but twice. He once said he could take head shots all night long because he had no neck, therefore there was less revebrations through his cranium, meaning he was tough to knock out. I don't know if he ever was. After the first Ali fight, George's face was a mess but Ali went to the hospital for internal bleeding from all the body shots he took. Ali won but he took a beating.
They have really fucked the orange felon and the Saudis. No oil getting out of there. Meanwhile, Canada is making $billions from our oil selling to the muricans for a premium nowadays and they are paying our tariff bill. Too funny, the stupid orange fuck shot himself in the foot bombing Iran. How long before JD and the other boot lickers finally wake up and invoke the 25th amendment?
Wow, so much Habs news this weekend. There is the Crash deal, which I'm OK with. Somebody like him is needed and he's just a stop gap. Fantastic deal for the BOLD one. Congrats for the 'A' going to PowerHorse. And MSL with his own extension. Now get Arber sorted out and we're ready to go.
It looks like we'll be auditioning from within for that 2C spot. Newhook or Kap? A fourth line of Dach/Evans/Anderson is nice. A third line of Kap or Newhook/Danault/BOLD is good.
I think THIS is the year I finally make the trek and spend the dough to see a game at the Bell Centre. Seeing Sid and the Pens on Halloween is intriguing, but it's coming off a 4 game road trip, including the outdoor game so they may not be at their best. Maybe the Sabres on Oct 17 would be a good one. Decisions...
MSL extended through 2029-30... Crash to wear #22... Horse to wear the "A" ...(great choice!) Ax negotiations reportedly progeessing nicely... No 3-goalie silliness by the start of the season...
Everything is coming up roses. We got depth, folks.
Interesting that Mr Bull got his 4 years, don't think Hugo wanted that type of term so they bent for him. Just waiting to see what they do with Ax. After what Suzi said I hope he's gonna get some kind of a multi year deal. I would like to see him favoured over strobelight.They are both bubble D men but Ax brings a much bigger sword and swagger to the conflict. Would also like to see Kappy get slotted in 2C and let him develop chemistry with DemiGodand and now Crash. Twenty two goals as a rookie is nothing to sniff at. He has a high ceiling and hope he doesn't get buried in the bottom. Should be interesting, don't change that bat channel GGH
Yep we don't want Kappanen to get Lehknonen'd. The offensive skill is there - it needs time to mature. Sure he could probably be a fine Plekanec-ish type of player too I think. But give him a fair shot at that #2 spot.
Not to spit on the oil but that team has been somewhat confusing going all the way back to Peter. They were so close, just missing a goalie all those years and now they are in a death spiral. This year will be make or break for McJesus. This will be interesting going forward. Wonder where he will land. He'll be looking to Ray Bourque next year. What a prize he will be to some aspiring young team on the upswing..... just not us, we don't need that drama thank you very much. GGH
At the end of the day on Tuesday, the Canadiens first announced that Arber Xhekaj had signed a one-year agreement for a salary of 1.5 million. A few minutes later, we learned that Alex Newhook had signed a four-year contract extension, which will take effect in July 2027, which will earn him an average of $5.5 million (22 in total).
Wow. This roster is so solid. 22, 77 and 72 all given team-friendly, one-year "prove yourself" deals, while TJ gets a team-friendly extension after proving himself with two Game 7 series winning goals.
Serious question: Does that leave anyone else on an expiring contract this season?
No Scott, we're all locked up. No more expiring contracts. I expect to see Josh Anderson (who expires next year) sign an extension something along the lines of 4x4. That will be the end of the off-season business.
UFAs at the end of the 26/27 season: Anderson (see above) Dach (he will need to stay healthy and really prove he belongs or he's gone by trade deadline) Kreider (he could earn himself a 2 year extension if he can still play like he's 30) Danault (most likely will be gone. Beck should be his replacement)
Carrier (likely gone. possibly traded at deadline)
Montembeault 👀
RFAs
Kappanen (will get a contract unless he's part of a deal to bring a legit 2C)
Xhekaj & Struble (hopefully they're both given a fair shot to show what they can bring to the table). Struble is a Boston guy, so I could see him heading to Beantown.
If McD wants out of that festering pile of shit in Edmonton, I'd gladly offer Kappanen, Dach, Newhook, Hage, Zharovsky, Struble (or AX if needed), maybe CArrier and 2 firsts.
Kreider-McDavid-Slafkovsky Caufield-Suzuki-Demidov Texier-Danault-Bolduc (Nouveau French Connection) Anderson-Evans-FX
Woah, woah, woah, that is far too much to give up for McD. HuGo will be in control of that deal as Conner, like Crash, will be the one doing the calling. Bowman will take what he can get.
Forget about it Steve. The Canadiens don't need him. Montreal has all the high end talent they need right now. Hage will only add to it this spring. Just like the orange felon, Waddell has overplayed his hand. Hughes has all the cards.
Praise the lord Good bye you slanted blind stupid piece of shit May your days be spent suffering with a burning itchy butt hole and may you always be surrounded by flies Fucking fucker Good riddance Hab hater This season is already looking up GGH
Is my brain working right? With all of the western provinces ditching daylight savings, hence not 'falling back' an hour this fall, when we fall back, it means there is one less hour of difference. Right? So typically West Coast games started 7pm local (11pm AST)...but after the time change, our 11pm is now 10pm. So the Vancouver game will start at 10, Alberta games at 9? Assuming 7pm local start times.
Actually checked the schedule. The Canucks game will be a 930pm start (AST). Oilers is a Saturday night game, at 8pm. Flames are at 9pm. Jets is the outdoor game and is 8pm. It's those California games that will still be in the middle of the night. They should ditch daylight savings to 'better align with their northern neighbours' just to piss off the OPB. (see above remark :) )
Love the place Ax up front chatter. I know it's just a musing at this point but quite frankly this management team was put together with outside the box thinking So many wonderful options to explore Best part of all this is that it appears that our first two forward lines are set so what do we do with the bottom six. We have many pieces with which to play with and adjust depending on the opponent You wanna play two brainless Orks ok we can counter with big Ax and little Ax Needs some smarts and experience we got vets like Book em and Powerhorse Or we can put some talent and some promise in Mr Bull and ( maybe ) the dachster We have steady Sevens with Owen pushing and so many options on D I gotta go lie down Life is good while we watch the dumpster fire in the armpit unfold I'm stoked CHester is locked and loaded Bring it baybee GGH
Hard to believe that an undersized late second round pick defenceman could become so valuable in such a short time. Personally, I think losing Nick for any length of time would hurt more. Both are invaluable players.
I am upset about something, no in fact I am angry, and I am not like the hulk when I am angry, I dont destroy apparement buildings, but if I see and outhouse or a doghouse consider it green monster pooh. The treatment Alex Overchin is being beat up just because he is Russian and this is not right. I feel the same way about Gal Godot, well let me say up front I never thought about sex with ovie. The war in Ukraine started in 2014, anyone who says differerant is full of shise. Its a civil war, brother fighting brother. Its an evil war that Russia did not start. The same people who killed JFK, who did 911, who set up Epstien and did Oct 7 are behind it. So leave OVIE alone, he will be a honoured citizen like Tretrak in Russia when he retires. He deserves this praise, not condemnation. If you look at China and Russia over the last 20 years, these are places that are kicking our ass. Dont condem them because they make you look stupid.
I never thought much of Overchicken. Ok he scored some goals But once you take the hockey out of him he turns into a putins puppet Not a fan Sorry Not sorry GGH
I have no problem with people who dont think like I think. In fact if to many people thought that way there is a possibliltiy that an oranaganan could be Presiejkdt
tranna sports opera …
ReplyDeletehttps://archive.ph/ATFjw
It's really pathetic how hard (and expensive) they're making it for average fans to access their favourite teams' games in the era of information. I resist all Amazon products and services in general, because of their anti-union stance - especially after what they did here in Quebec, so now I suppose Wednesdsy nights I'll head down to the Brasserie Cherrier or Barfly and support the bar owner who has to pay multiple streaming services to meet his customers' expectations.
DeleteThat's some world-class Leafs shade. Happy belated birthday, Joe. "The future is unwritten."
ReplyDeleteRogers leafNet ... I would love to see it all crash and burn.
ReplyDeleteI should be able to see all the Habs games. I pay for cable TV so that gives me access to leafNet, tsn regional games and I have Amazon Prime through my Telus cellphone account. Not that I need to see 84 games, which I probably won't.
So I read this correctly... HaHarudy " a beloved long-time analyst" pause for effect
ReplyDeleteand
Kevin Blabiekstra " the rare former player with charisma and the ability to speak articulately – and, more to the point, to do so knowledgeably on every aspect of the game, from on-ice tactics to dressing room chemistry."
scuse me?
Now my only full time option is TVA with those two in the booth, one that screams and the other that doesn't know as well as Maxim LaTurtle providing "expert" analysis.
Other that that we are sposed to watch murican broadcasts with fucking Whiner gretzkie maga cock sucker or some other broadcast which will prob explain why hockey lags behind other leagues in popularity ie see NFL.
This is just fucking sad.
At least on TVA there's a hot girl who seems to care.
What a fucking mess brought to you by Scott Blue Specs Pelly ( if that's his name )
Proof that the armpit can fuck anything up
Only up side is hopefully they send Franciois Gagnon to the fucking dumpster stie.
anyway
GGH
You read it exactly the way i did.
DeleteMore queen city drama …
ReplyDeletehttps://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/how-sportsnet-s-11-billion-nhl-deal-is-changing-the-game-for-on-air-talent-and-fans/article_999a4529-a6aa-45bf-857a-a038189da8b9.html
moe has always said it will get worse before it gets better.
DeleteI will counter with it will always get worse and NEVER get better.
It's a shit product.
The bean counters at Rogers couldn't manage a dog fight.
Bigmertha is amazing https://www.instagram.com/reel/DcKd2U0sTOh/?stkn=aTczZjFnazhnODJq
ReplyDeleteBigmerla rather
DeleteWent to the Movies today for the first time in many years. Cineplex had a $5 day. We saw Dog Stars directed by Ridley Scott. Wife and I both enjoyed it 8 out of 10. Heard some new to me music by Hozier that I really liked in the soundtrack. Fuck Buttman, Fuck the baboon, Fuck Pee Pee, Daniel Smith, Dough Ford, Ratface, Nutlick, Nuttyahoo, thats all. Fantilli will be at training cap. Hage will be a Blue Jacket.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.instagram.com/reel/DcwqTLJvEpX/?stkn=NDE2OXFmb3d0bzFr
ReplyDeletehttps://wwww.unplug.todmaffin.com
ReplyDeleteGood stuff from a good guy.
DeleteMarchenko trade coming next week?
ReplyDeleteNope we are going use all our ammo on Fantilii and let the chips fall where they may.
DeleteGood read. I’m a fan for a long time.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.theguardian.com/music/2026/sep/02/pop-rocker-graham-parker-interview
A bit from the end of the Graham Parker article got my attention:
DeleteHis mordantly funny 2001 song I’ll Never Play Jacksonville Again details the true story of a gig at which Parker ended up playing to “two couples, two barmen who looked like Ted Nugent, and a guy who looked a bit gormless and kept staring at one of the women’s legs until her boyfriend head-butted him. Five people in the audience and there’s a fight! How fucking often does that happen, man? I thought, this is the end.”
He says he’s been true to the song’s title and never played Jacksonville again. “But only because nobody’s offered me a gig there. If the money’s good enough and there’s two other gigs nearby, maybe I’ll do it. And I’ll do that song. It’ll be fun.”
Pivot points. The habs are at a pivot point where the players have been so cap friendly the lever only asks how many cups. We wil cut through the expanded league like a transgrender in the PWHL. Right now the war in Ukraine is being decided by property devlopers, hope they dont come to your neighbourhood.
ReplyDeletePhoebe Bridgers is real and she was not on friends. I like cat piss more than most pop music today. This breaks through all that vanilla yellow and maybe only the volcos or she is the hottest thing since Debbie Harry breaks through
ReplyDeleteWe knew the tranna-based snet would eventually kill HNIC. They’ve literally buried it.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.instagram.com/reel/DZqH371vtXG/?stkn=aHk0eGNmZWk4bG1o
I read some of the comments ... Yikes! ... some hard core racist right wingers trashing the good ol' CBC. Guess that's why I don't use social media.
DeleteI avoid comments, unless it is someone I follow.
DeleteThe orange felon is on the rampage on his personal platform -- Liar's Social.
ReplyDeleteHe and his yapping lap dogs love to trash our country but I would bet not one of those fuckwits could win a fight.
I would personally love to go one on one with bessent or hegseth. I'm 71 but I think I could take either one of them.
bessent needs a face punch. kegsbreath is a waste of the one brain cell he has.
DeleteSellouts can’t sell out …
ReplyDeletehttps://www.instagram.com/reel/Dcgo_qdRa_u/?stkn=MXBxOXlvbXR0emxpZQ==
MSLE makes me dream of the Soviet Union.
Deletehttps://www.instagram.com/reel/Dc_rq_2J67c/?stkn=NjdvbTlsa2YwczIy
ReplyDeleteI don't know how it works yet, but it's Canadian. If you're looking to ditch your ties to American owned social media, try out Gander Social (note: not Grinder 🙂)
ReplyDeleteI'm at:
https://gander.social/profile/pjdoyle.gander.social
Tried it. A good try but few friends there.
DeleteBluesky isn't too bad. I don't post, just follow a few Habs related people.
DeleteI can't publish there yet because it won't recognize my all-Canadian email domain :-/ @scottinmontreal.gander.social
DeleteIt's gonna take some time to grow, but I like the idea.
DeleteHayes ? Get lost.
ReplyDeletehttps://archive.ph/hyF1x
As good as some of his writing can be, CK still can't see past the edges of the CotU/GTA/Ontario and realize that yes, there are actually better options out there. Maybe even (GASP!) people that are neither from the Tronna/ON region nor played for the leaf. I'm sure there might be others, but Hrudey is actually the only one I can think of that didn't fit the Ontario or Leaf requirement in recent history. And we all know how he's still butthurt about '93.
DeleteI think they should hire Vinnie Damphousse, if he's interested. He was drafted by the wretched leaf but played for the Oilers and Habs. He would have a great perspective for three Canadian teams. But, that's too logical so it won't happen.
DeleteRoy Kent
DeleteFuuuuuuuck.
DeleteOnly leaf blowers need apply...
DeleteGo Seahawks !
ReplyDeleteHey now!
DeleteHad my FF draft last night. Got a decent squad plus a few rookie dart throws.
As a four time champion (in 12 years), it's my drive for five.
Just gotta stay healthy, my team was the 2023 Habs injury-wise last year (or whatever year it was the Habs led the man-games lost by a large margin).
GO PATS!!! *though they're in tough vs the Hawks. Still picked them to cover the 3.5 spread in my pick 'em pool though.
So I'm predicting a 3 point game 27-24...for one of the teams.
The puck drops on this season’s Saturday Night Hockey coverage featuring the return of Ron MacLean, Kevin Bieksa, Elliotte Friedman and Colby Armstrong on Oct. 3
ReplyDeleteso in the end it's just HahaHrudey and Bottershrill that got the boot.
Colby at least grew up a Habs fan (from the Prairies I think), but they won't let him identify that way.
Monday Night Hockey, which is exclusive to Sportsnet+, kicks off Oct. 5
Not sure if the Habs will have any games on this broadcast, but in any case I see they hired scumbag & Koivu's eye raker Justin Williams for that panel. Along with Luc Gagsdick. Hard pass. Fuck them.
Shysters …
ReplyDeletehttps://archive.ph/Gc1rm
LOL ... fuck that shit.
DeleteNobody watches hockey on Monday.
Rest in peace André Pronovost. The last remaining member of the 50s dynasty.
ReplyDeleteWTF is going on in Edmonton?
ReplyDeleteFirst, you hire a GM who was part of a sexual assault cover up.
Second, you hire a coach who is a known abuser of young players.
Third, and finally, you sign a gang rapist although acquitted was part of a sexual assault.
Why in God's name would Connor McDavid want to be a part of that mess?
I wish the Oilers nothing but ill will and hope they implode spectacularly.
They are more disgusting than the leaf.
Well said. Something ain’t right over there and not just politically.
DeleteWell I got the spread right, I was just off by 2 TDs each.
ReplyDeleteWhat a terrible pick to end the game. Horrible decision by Maye to throw that ball.
Oh well, Steelers next Sunday for a game I'll actually be able to watch.
Rest in peace Barry Melrose.
ReplyDeleteKreider on waivers. Aside from Geoff Molson and some of the trainers, I don't believe there is anybody left from 2014. One of the writers at A Winning Habit says it and I can see a possibility where Hughes makes the call where he has only 1 year left on his contract (at $6.5m I think).
ReplyDeleteAt 35, I don't know if he's what the team needs. But if it costs nothing to attain a big winger, it could happen. I doubt it...but if it does, we'll just have to live with it. We're still not the Oilers.
Carey Price night might be awkward.
Hard pass on Cry-der.
DeleteThe Habs don't need the drama that signing would cause.
I want the team to stay in Carey Price's good graces.
There are many other options that will become available in the next couple of weeks.
I am of the belief that the Fantilli contract will make Waddell lower his demands for Marchenko.
Marco D'Amico laid out a pretty good case for trying to get Pavel Zacha from the beaners.
He would be a nice 2C behind Nick. Potted 30 last season. Good size as well.
Non.
DeleteInteresting theory ... there is a framework deal in place to get Marchenko and Hughes and Millstein are working on a contract extension.
ReplyDeletePossible Habs going the other way are Monty, DaCH, Eggman, Strubes, Z and a pick or two.
This would replace some of the production from March and help Waddell sign Fantilli.
Fantilli has made it clear, he is done with the cannon
DeleteHutsonian …
ReplyDeletehttps://www.instagram.com/reel/DdHerK1BSAI/?stkn=MXRqb2Zoa3YxYXUzbg==
https://www.instagram.com/reel/DcY7_pmMi1i/?stkn=eGthODhndTRwd2J0
ReplyDeleteStill a huge POS…
ReplyDeletehttps://sports.yahoo.com/articles/aaron-rodgers-publicly-trashes-president-172719779.html
"We bow to one."
ReplyDeleteThank you for that sir.
And fuck you hookstraw you piece of maga shit.
Should be 'we bow to NO one..."
DeleteEspecially the orange shit stain
Carney had a great line, Canadians are not in the stands we are out on the ice fighting.
DeleteEverybody Knows https://x.com/icantevenfilms/status/2034213516392235245/video/1
When the little men start casting big shadows, you know the sun is about to set Chinese Proverb.
Great speech.
ReplyDeleteYou can not trust a sellsword, so stop making bad contracts. Not the Habs relax
ReplyDeleteDont know if its true or not but every cable son and daughter must pay fifty dollars a year to see the leaf.
ReplyDeleteIf you got two daugeters you got to pay twice, and sons are double.
The Houstiz are like the sand people in Star Wars. Yet they beat the CHamp? I donna belivee it. Somewon sold out Saudiii who could it have been and how much did they pay him?
ReplyDeleteI am selling T shirts on the chest it says Hootiez and the blowbackfish
DeleteCryder a Hab. I might puke.
ReplyDeleteGood lord.
DeleteGotta be a Gorton move.
DeleteHe signed him in new yawk.
It must mean Marchenko will be next year's toy.
ReplyDelete6'3" 230 lb Chris Kreider at 35 is an upgrade on Kid A. With the beefed up Panthers and others in our division, we need that. His one year deal is at a very low cost, just over 2 million. And none of our goalies will get Kreidered this season for sure. Now, about that Leafs goalie, Bobrovski...
ReplyDeleteThis is interesting...
ReplyDeleteArthur Staple
@StapeNHL
Quick story that may help explain why Chris Kreider is now in Montreal:
-- Feb. 15, 2024. Jim Ramsay returns to MSG as the MTL trainer after 30 years with the #NYR and a dismissal the previous summer that left several Rangers very, very unhappy.
There was no acknowledgment in MSG for Ramsay and he was not shown or mentioned at all during the telecast.
After the game, Kreider was in his usual spot next to the door. Instead of just high-fiving his teammates after a 7-4 win he directed all of them to go and acknowledge Ramsay. Kreider did so too, in a long embrace on the ice in full view of anyone who cared to see.
Kreider had a hat trick in that game but didn't do any postgame media.
Habs fans remember 2014, but this is a character guy who still has some game left.
7:02 PM · Sep 12, 2026
One thing I can positively guarantee :
ReplyDeleteChris Kreider will be ecstatic to ditch that ugly orange sweater with a duck's head on it for the blue, blanc et rouge Sainted Flannel.
He better not disturb team CHemistry.
DeleteI would guess this was all ran through MSL and Captain Nick before HuGo pulled the trigger.
DeleteI'm not surprised. Hughes was clearly trying and failing at getting size in the lineup with Knies and Marchenko.
ReplyDeleteA one year deal...OK, we need it.
I would be curious if they would have the humility to check in with Price on this before signing him. Only because they will be honouring him. I doubt it, but maybe?
It's been 12 years, I kinda doubt Price still harbor's a grudge.
DeleteI'm OK with it after thinking about it.
After reading other folk's thoughts, it is a pretty smart move by HuGo. They give up zero assets and still have enough cap space to sign BullDuke and AX. CK is not really blocking anybody except maybe Beck, it will be interesting to see if anyone is moved out in the days ahead.
I wonder who will be the center for Cryder and Demi? Larkin?
I found a leaked picture of the statue they will unveil for Carey and added the pic to the thread. 🙂
ReplyDeleteouCH
DeleteHeh!
DeleteIf Bob gets 'Kreidered' on opening night, the SFU will lose their collective shit.
ReplyDeleteOne can only hope...
His nick Hitman
ReplyDelete'Crash'
DeleteLOL yes CrasH.
DeleteM.Marchment $7M-45 pts
B.Jenner $5.75M-38 pts
V.Tarasenko $5M-47 pts
I.Mikheyev $4.75M-36 pts
A.J. Greer $4.25M-32 pts
C.Sissons $4.25M-11 pts
J.Roslovic $4M-36 pts
E.Haula $3.6M-38 pts
S.Laughton $3.5M-20 pts
I have a feeling HuGo aren't done yet.
ReplyDeleteThey are in 'win now' mode.
I could see CC, Fast Lane and Crash doing a conference call with Dylan Larkin ... "Dude, do you want to win a Cup?
The only problem is who does HuGo call to make a deal?
I would offer Kappy OR DaCH + LD + 2nd round pick 2027 + 1st round pick 2028.
Well OK
ReplyDeleteSo what are we missing now.
A large snarling RD.
GGH
Bullduke signs 4x 4.2M$
ReplyDeleteGras !
DeleteNice!
DeleteHe'll be 27 and a UFA when it expires. Should be good motivation for him to prove himself, and get set for a huge 2030 payday.
DeleteI am an Anglo but I love the idea of the flying frenCHmen. So I always love when a pure wool plays for the prure.
DeleteI forgot to mention yesterday, RIP to Canadian heavyweight boxing champ George Chuvalo.
ReplyDeleteHe became famous for going toe to toe with Ali, not once but twice.
He once said he could take head shots all night long because he had no neck, therefore there was less revebrations through his cranium, meaning he was tough to knock out. I don't know if he ever was.
After the first Ali fight, George's face was a mess but Ali went to the hospital for internal bleeding from all the body shots he took. Ali won but he took a beating.
Yeah a legend that never got the fame he warrented. However 89 years old after two bouts of Ali medicne
DeleteBull Duke will be 27 when his contract expreid,. For most atheletes your running on fumes at 25.
ReplyDeletetry and wrap your mind around what the Houtizes have done. Its like the Leaf winning the cup
ReplyDeleteThey have really fucked the orange felon and the Saudis.
DeleteNo oil getting out of there.
Meanwhile, Canada is making $billions from our oil selling to the muricans for a premium nowadays and they are paying our tariff bill.
Too funny, the stupid orange fuck shot himself in the foot bombing Iran.
How long before JD and the other boot lickers finally wake up and invoke the 25th amendment?
GO GIANTS ! !
ReplyDeleteEat it Jerry!
ReplyDeleteHeh
DeleteWow, so much Habs news this weekend.
ReplyDeleteThere is the Crash deal, which I'm OK with. Somebody like him is needed and he's just a stop gap.
Fantastic deal for the BOLD one.
Congrats for the 'A' going to PowerHorse.
And MSL with his own extension.
Now get Arber sorted out and we're ready to go.
It looks like we'll be auditioning from within for that 2C spot. Newhook or Kap?
ReplyDeleteA fourth line of Dach/Evans/Anderson is nice.
A third line of Kap or Newhook/Danault/BOLD is good.
I think THIS is the year I finally make the trek and spend the dough to see a game at the Bell Centre.
Seeing Sid and the Pens on Halloween is intriguing, but it's coming off a 4 game road trip, including the outdoor game so they may not be at their best.
Maybe the Sabres on Oct 17 would be a good one.
Decisions...
MSL extended through 2029-30...
ReplyDeleteCrash to wear #22...
Horse to wear the "A" ...(great choice!)
Ax negotiations reportedly progeessing nicely...
No 3-goalie silliness by the start of the season...
Everything is coming up roses. We got depth, folks.
GYFHG
Slaf-Nature-Whiskey
ReplyDeleteCrash-Happenin'-DemiGod
Hook-Dano-DaCH
Power-7vans-GRAS
Texier-Beck-Florian-Arber?
Hutson-Dobber
Ghoul-RoCH
Maths-Rhino
Strobelight-Engstrom
I like your line up.
DeleteI think DaCH might be the odd man out or platoon with Tex.
Or a trade is still in the works.
Interesting that Mr Bull got his 4 years, don't think Hugo wanted that type of term so they bent for him. Just waiting to see what they do with Ax. After what Suzi said I hope he's gonna get some kind of a multi year deal. I would like to see him favoured over strobelight.They are both bubble D men but Ax brings a much bigger sword and swagger to the conflict. Would also like to see Kappy get slotted in 2C and let him develop chemistry with DemiGodand and now Crash. Twenty two goals as a rookie is nothing to sniff at. He has a high ceiling and hope he doesn't get buried in the bottom.
ReplyDeleteShould be interesting, don't change that bat channel
GGH
Yep we don't want Kappanen to get Lehknonen'd. The offensive skill is there - it needs time to mature. Sure he could probably be a fine Plekanec-ish type of player too I think. But give him a fair shot at that #2 spot.
DeleteKappy won't be Leko'd, clod julien is long gone... apparently to Switzerland so he can try to ruin a few more European players over there.
DeleteNot to spit on the oil but that team has been somewhat confusing going all the way back to Peter.
ReplyDeleteThey were so close, just missing a goalie all those years and now they are in a death spiral. This year will be make or break for McJesus. This will be interesting going forward. Wonder where he will land. He'll be looking to Ray Bourque next year. What a prize he will be to some aspiring young team on the upswing..... just not us, we don't need that drama thank you very much.
GGH
If we’re to get over the crash, #22 needs a different nickname. Maybe Calibre ? Skidoo ?
ReplyDeleteI'm over it but I like 'Crash' ... just has a nice ring to it. : )
Deletehttps://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/2026/09/a-new-day.html
ReplyDelete“ Happy mensch, happy bench.”
Deletehttps://www.instagram.com/reel/DdQLBcORNvP/?stkn=MTRsMzg5NWVyNTN3bw==
ReplyDeleteR.I.P. Catherine Ringer, of Les Rita Mitsouko.
ReplyDeleteAlors, c'est comme ça
https://youtu.be/fGZRVGlGZ6A?si=GfyVWXuhHSwuG6HB
Authetic singer performer. La la la la rest in peace.
DeleteOK
ReplyDeleteAx is in for 1.5 for a year.
Kind of a show me contract.
So we are complete and buttoned down.
Time to shine
GGH
At the end of the day on Tuesday, the Canadiens first announced that Arber Xhekaj had signed a one-year agreement for a salary of 1.5 million. A few minutes later, we learned that Alex Newhook had signed a four-year contract extension, which will take effect in July 2027, which will earn him an average of $5.5 million (22 in total).
ReplyDeleteWow. This roster is so solid. 22, 77 and 72 all given team-friendly, one-year "prove yourself" deals, while TJ gets a team-friendly extension after proving himself with two Game 7 series winning goals.
DeleteSerious question: Does that leave anyone else on an expiring contract this season?
In HuGo we trust. May the season begin!
A nice reward for those 2 game 7 winners. Geoff made a ton of money off those goals.
DeleteI stand with Ovie. He was born a Russian, he loves his country, nothing wrong with that.
ReplyDeleteNo Scott, we're all locked up. No more expiring contracts.
ReplyDeleteI expect to see Josh Anderson (who expires next year) sign an extension something along the lines of 4x4. That will be the end of the off-season business.
UFAs at the end of the 26/27 season:
Anderson (see above)
Dach (he will need to stay healthy and really prove he belongs or he's gone by trade deadline)
Kreider (he could earn himself a 2 year extension if he can still play like he's 30)
Danault (most likely will be gone. Beck should be his replacement)
Carrier (likely gone. possibly traded at deadline)
Montembeault 👀
RFAs
Kappanen (will get a contract unless he's part of a deal to bring a legit 2C)
Xhekaj & Struble (hopefully they're both given a fair shot to show what they can bring to the table). Struble is a Boston guy, so I could see him heading to Beantown.
If McD wants out of that festering pile of shit in Edmonton, I'd gladly offer Kappanen, Dach, Newhook, Hage, Zharovsky, Struble (or AX if needed), maybe CArrier and 2 firsts.
Kreider-McDavid-Slafkovsky
Caufield-Suzuki-Demidov
Texier-Danault-Bolduc (Nouveau French Connection)
Anderson-Evans-FX
Woah, woah, woah, that is far too much to give up for McD. HuGo will be in control of that deal as Conner, like Crash, will be the one doing the calling. Bowman will take what he can get.
DeleteActually, Bowman will be fired by the end of the new season.
DeleteBab's Cock likely as well.
It will resemble a leaf dumpster fire.
Ghoul out 4 to 5 weeks. My God, what are his bones made of, macaroni?
ReplyDeleteMaybe his new nickname should be Glass...
DeleteIronGaiden is iron deficient ...
DeleteFantilli will be a Hab by the end of the week. It will cost Hage or the Russkie or maybe both, but it will be done.
ReplyDeleteForget about it Steve.
DeleteThe Canadiens don't need him.
Montreal has all the high end talent they need right now.
Hage will only add to it this spring.
Just like the orange felon, Waddell has overplayed his hand.
Hughes has all the cards.
Referee Chris Fucking Lee has retired from the NHL
ReplyDeleteHurray!
DeletePraise the lord
DeleteGood bye you slanted blind stupid piece of shit
May your days be spent suffering with a burning itchy butt hole and may you always be surrounded by flies
Fucking fucker
Good riddance Hab hater
This season is already looking up
GGH
Keep this going.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.instagram.com/reel/DdW4pouxB28/?stkn=Z2Y1cHB5cTkxMW10
Amazing how he can hit those holes.
DeleteNature (12) ranked AHEAD of sfu darling Narcos (13) in the tsn top 50.
ReplyDeleteOh, the humanity.
100 %
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/live/O3rQUpuxq6o?si=uYL8V061Z3GhwC0i
PMMC's well deserved popularity is driving the orange pedo-buffon mad.
DeleteIs my brain working right? With all of the western provinces ditching daylight savings, hence not 'falling back' an hour this fall, when we fall back, it means there is one less hour of difference. Right?
ReplyDeleteSo typically West Coast games started 7pm local (11pm AST)...but after the time change, our 11pm is now 10pm. So the Vancouver game will start at 10, Alberta games at 9? Assuming 7pm local start times.
Actually checked the schedule. The Canucks game will be a 930pm start (AST). Oilers is a Saturday night game, at 8pm. Flames are at 9pm. Jets is the outdoor game and is 8pm.
It's those California games that will still be in the middle of the night. They should ditch daylight savings to 'better align with their northern neighbours' just to piss off the OPB. (see above remark :) )
John Prine said it 50 years ago and the destruction is accelertating Comon Sense dont make no sense no more.
Delete🤔
ReplyDeleteLove the place Ax up front chatter.
ReplyDeleteI know it's just a musing at this point but quite frankly this management team was put together with outside the box thinking So many wonderful options to explore
Best part of all this is that it appears that our first two forward lines are set so what do we do with the bottom six.
We have many pieces with which to play with and adjust depending on the opponent
You wanna play two brainless Orks ok we can counter with big Ax and little Ax
Needs some smarts and experience we got vets like Book em and Powerhorse
Or we can put some talent and some promise in Mr Bull and ( maybe ) the dachster
We have steady Sevens with Owen pushing and so many options on D I gotta go lie down
Life is good while we watch the dumpster fire in the armpit unfold
I'm stoked
CHester is locked and loaded
Bring it baybee
GGH
Game day thread tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteGood read and I agree.
ReplyDeletehttps://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/2026/09/mvp.html
DeleteHard to believe that an undersized late second round pick defenceman could become so valuable in such a short time. Personally, I think losing Nick for any length of time would hurt more. Both are invaluable players.
DeleteWe could have taken his brother, now in Washington surrounded by 6 foot 4 AND BIGGER Bemouths. Our pick was hockey god like.
DeleteIt's a coin toss and not something I even want to think about.
DeleteI am upset about something, no in fact I am angry, and I am not like the hulk when I am angry, I dont destroy apparement buildings, but if I see and outhouse or a doghouse consider it green monster pooh.
ReplyDeleteThe treatment Alex Overchin is being beat up just because he is Russian and this is not right. I feel the same way about Gal Godot, well let me say up front I never thought about sex with ovie.
The war in Ukraine started in 2014, anyone who says differerant is full of shise. Its a civil war, brother fighting brother. Its an evil war that Russia did not start. The same people who killed JFK, who did 911, who set up Epstien and did Oct 7 are behind it. So leave OVIE alone, he will be a honoured citizen like Tretrak in Russia when he retires. He deserves this praise, not condemnation. If you look at China and Russia over the last 20 years, these are places that are kicking our ass. Dont condem them because they make you look stupid.
I never thought much of Overchicken.
ReplyDeleteOk he scored some goals
But once you take the hockey out of him he turns into a putins puppet
Not a fan
Sorry
Not sorry
GGH
I have no problem with people who dont think like I think. In fact if to many people thought that way there is a possibliltiy that an oranaganan could be Presiejkdt
Deletehttps://fourhockeyfans.blogspot.com/2026/09/pre-season-hungry-for-hockey.html
ReplyDelete