Look, I don't know if you guys out there in FHF-land know what it takes to run a blog. Well maybe Steve. And Moey. And Scott in Montreal as we found out recently. But I certainly do. And I especially know what it takes to run a blog where you have got to be on the ball for 82 games a season (plus or minus 4-7 playoff games at this rate). Not to mention every Friday for 52 weeks a year. It is a ridiculous and grueling commitment. I survived four years tops before I packed it in, and I had 3-6 people helping back in the day. Let me blow your mind with some facts and figures, in TMS-style bullet point form:
- moeman wrote his first post on this iteration of FHF in October 2011. FHF Classic lasted from June 2007 to October 2011. So by my drunken count moe on his own (with the very rare concussion fill-in from me) has lasted about a year and half longer (and counting) than the original usual gang of 4-7 idiots
- There have been 1142 posts here compared to 2375 on FHF Classic, but again, we're talking one guy vs. 4-7 guys and gals
- Blogger can't seem to tell me how many of those 1142 posts are moe's. I say I have written 42, because that's The Answer, so moe has written 1100 posts on this site
- 1100 posts over the life span of this blog means moe has averaged 3.25 posts per week
- 3.25 posts per week, over five and a half years
- While he had a life and a very respectable full-time job
- While the Habs have been meh
- That's fucking insane.
So moeman, we thank you. Your dedication and work ethic knows no bounds. We may not say it enough, but your performance is the bee's knees, even while the Habs' has not been. We would be lost in the wilderness without you. Well, we're still kind of lost in the wilderness, but at least we're all lost together.
Thanks moe for another Hart blogging trophy season. Keep rocking. Keep Dreaming.