Jul 4, 2026

Update to Things got weird (with Blogger) and Briére

~ ~ ~ 

 

~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~

GYFHG !

159 comments:

  1. Danny Beer exploiting the crazy loophole. Danny boy, its revenge is a dish best eaten cold, not right off the frying pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of chatter about the Biere hostile takeover.
    Verbeek could have locked up Carlsson a year ago for probably $9.5-10mil, maybe a tad more and avoided all this nonsense. Nope, he likes to play hardball (see Zegres, Drysdale, McTavish) and now he's fucked. If he matches, all his RFAs will looking for big paydays as well.

    Kent Hughes saw all this coming and acted quickly to lock up his core.
    He front loaded everything to boot.
    Smart dude.

    If pHilthy does get Leo, Hughes might be able to pluck somebody out of their lineup they can't afford anymore for the second line and Demi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smart play is to let him go. Offer sheet someone else for 12M. You got lots of picks.

      Delete
  3. J.T., astute as always...

    https://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/2026/07/big-money-big-risk.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, no one is talking about the Bowen Byram contract in Chicago.
    He's good, but not $12.5mil per year good.
    Maybe Leo's offer isn't that insane after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CHester6:25 PM

    So the dachster thinks 4 large isn't good enough.
    I think it was more than he deserved based on his lack of performance.
    I'm guessing he'll be shown the door. I would hope so anyway.
    So long Kirby we hardly new ya.
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:49 PM

    laugh along

    … Taking hyperbole to a new level, Leafs GM John Chayka referred to Bobrovsky as someone who “possibly ends up being the best in that position of all-time.” Now, we know Chayka is young and new at the job, but isn’t he old enough to be able to reference the careers of Dominik Hasek, Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur, Ken Dryden, Grant Fuhr, Bernie Parent and Glenn Hall? And that’s without mentioning Jacques Plante, Terry Sawchuk, Johnny Bower, Belfour, Tony Esposito and Carey Price? …

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reeks of desperation, they are trying their best to stay relevant in the eyes of their fan base.
      The wretched leaf are not any better than they were last season.
      Bob will be horrible.
      The defence is no better.
      They replaced all their 4th line players with more 4th liners.
      Their stars are getting older.
      It was amusing when Kyper and McKee asked Doug Maclean last Friday if the leaf would make the playoffs next season and he said 'No' ... The look on McKee's face was priceless.
      I predict another 8th place finish in the Atlantic for the CotU.

      What a mess Verbeek has made in Anaheim.
      He royally fucked up his cap.
      He lost half his D for nothing.
      I don't know how he hasn't been fired yet.

      Delete
  7. Dachster has confidence in himself, maybe another team would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suspect Dach would like to move on, he took a lot of abuse on social media in the Tampa series and had to shut down his account.
    Hughes knows Kirby can't be the #2C and he doesn't fit the 3rd or 4th lines, plus he will always be injury prone.
    I would guess he will be part of a trade deal out west.
    It was a good gamble on Hughes' part to acquire him in 2022 but it's time to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CHester10:26 PM

    He was spose to be 2C and like you said he doesn't fit anywhere
    I just don't understand how this will help his case
    If he wins his arbitration is Hugo bound to pay or can we bail
    If he looses Hugo Is Hugo still bound to the 4 large
    I think Hugo's offer is very fair mr dach has yet to prove himself
    The only thing we know is that he doesn't fit and can't stay healthy
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
  10. CHester2:27 PM

    So the toronto sports network martie bla bla biron has the dumpster fire finishing no 2 in the atlantic ahead of The Glorious Habs at no 3 and Barfalo at no 4 ..... I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.
    His reasoning is that all the off season moves have just made this dumpster fire a real contender that and having a fourtyish goalie bob.
    Underpants will head back to Germany at some point to finish up his sex change that leaves the conehead and jonny toronto and the gavin child to dominate the toughest division in the NHL.
    woa martie I know who pays you but woa
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:19 PM

    Rogers will own 100% of the putrid leaf ... guess who will be getting preferential treatment for whatever the new Saturday night shitshow will be in the upcoming season.
    Fuck Rogers.
    Fuck the sfu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CHester6:01 PM

      My only hope here is that RDS manages to broadcast The Glorious Habs
      Having to watch the PO with that sport spew bunch was enough
      That blow jays guy bending over for his buddies and his mom commercial after bett 99 commercial over and over
      It's like North Korea propaganda television
      Fuck that
      GGH

      Delete
  12. CHester6:17 PM

    So I'm reading about trading for that pussy faced Shane wrong
    Next one I read about is if hellibuck goes then it's a rebuild and Connor and shitfly would be out there
    Speculation is that out of us snores oil and dumpster fire the article suggested that shitfly would prob prefer to go with a championship team like the oil or the dumpster fire
    Championship team
    The hilarity
    Flip side tho I wouldn't mind either of those jet guys
    Not so sure about pussy face
    I don't feel he's a fit
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an actual quote from a leaf loser

    Habs fans, your GM is not a genius because he’s signed like 14 of your players to multi year contracts each with an AAV of about $35 bucks. He’s paid them market value because they all suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even worthy of a response ... that person obviously has the IQ of a turnip.

      Delete
    2. How dare you insult turnips!

      Delete
    3. CHester9:54 AM

      Lets all go for a ride on the turnip truck!
      GGH

      Delete
  14. If I'm the arbitrator, I settle on $3.4m for Dach.
    And that's only because the lowest they can offer is 85% of the club's offer of $4m.

    I'm sorry it didn't work out. Had that one great moment of retribution in the playoffs, but it ain't enough.
    Wherever he ends up, I truly hope he can stay injury free and turn his luck around and have a long(ish) career.

    Sure, grab Shane Wright. Laval could use another centre.

    As some unsuspecting point during the dog days of summer, there will be HuGo announcing some crazy deal that none of the so called experts even dreamed of.
    Or this team is what it is, and Kap will be given the 2C role again to see if he can improve on his rookie season.
    Either way, all is good in Habland, and the 100% Rogers owned compost heap of leaves and the sfu will continue to deteriorate. This is fact.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not sure where this Shane Wright nonsense came from ... Kapanen is a better player. Pass.

    I haven't watched any world cup but I saw the controversy created by the two most corrupt organizations on earth, FIFA and the drumph administration. Great job by the Belgians to kick the snot out of the arrogant muricans last night. And then the trolling after was the cherry on top.

    Ha ha fuck you you fat orange turd.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some republican senator has put forward legislation to Congress that demands murican booze be put back on the shelves in Canadian alcohol stores.
    Doug Ford has said : remove your tariffs and we will put your booze back in the stores.
    Wab Kinew said it best : No CUSMA no booze-ma.

    I say : Fuck you, you don't tell us what to do. GFY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CHester9:59 AM

      This Hogface assbassador from murica is all hissy about their fucking booze.
      Ha! Fuck you Hogface and fuck you republicant senator legislate all you want but quite frankly your booze sucks anyway.
      Stay the fuck out of our place.
      GGH

      Delete
    2. They really are both arrogant and utterly stupid aren't they.
      GFY Murca.

      Delete
  17. I know it's early but ... the Bleacher Report published their power rankings and they had our Glorious Habs at #3 behind Carolina and Colorado. The putrid leaf at ------- #19. And that might be high.
    Suck it SFU.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11:09 AM

    How’s bout dem jays ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the smell of Tronna failure in the morning.

      Delete
    2. Heh Heh, well done... (pun intended)

      Delete
  19. Anonymous4:50 PM

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/DagVZONJmo5/?igsh=MWZmcmZuOWgzM3B1ag==

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rogers cut 6 radio stations across the country and laid off 230 people so they could afford that final 25% of the putrid, laughable compost pile of dead leaf.
    Fuck Rogers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:51 PM

      s f u

      Delete
    2. Yeah. Talk radio can be a little too right leaning for me usually, but I would listen to it whilst driving around since within the last year the morning program was called "Nova Scotia Today" and frequently would have the premiere or mayor (like them or not) on for call in segments, and every Monday was 'Councillors on the hot seat' where 2 would field questions from vitriol fueled residents. So I found it far more informative than listening to CBC in the morning.
      And it seems they had no idea it was coming, business as usual yesterday until dead air around noon with a recording that the station was no longer airing.
      And I sometimes listen to the music station they own on my drive to work and the pair that usually host were replaced by some really annoying fuck who is probably in Toronto. Not sure if that is permanent.
      Rogers and Bell are both evil fucking empires who treat their employees like trash from what I hear.

      Delete
    3. The good news for me is that I now have a 3rd option as Eastlink is now available in New Brunswick. When Bell gets too expensive I can tell them to get lost. And the next time one of those Rogers sales reps comes to the door trying to convince me to switch they are going to get an earful. Respectfully of course with no cussing.

      Delete
  21. Anonymous9:19 PM

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/DaNm_qHI4H3/?igsh=MW1vY2FyZ3g2NWFieQ==

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CHester11:47 AM

      Looking forward to the day when Little Ax and this Guy go in for a fore check.
      Yes
      GGH

      Delete
    2. and with a name like Gleb, he doesn't even need a nickname.

      Delete
  22. I really don't understand Alfredsson turning traitor and signing with the hated leaf. WTF is he thinking?
    I read he interviewed for the leaf head coach job, maybe he's hoping Hiller will be fired before Christmas and he will replace him?

    So it sounds like Trevor Letowski is stepping down as assistant coach but the Habs would like to keep him in the organization. He will be replaced by Derek 'Newsy' Lalonde, former assistant coach in Tampa, HC in Detroit and assistant in tranna. I remember him being on mclame's shitty panel during the playoffs not long ago and he seemed very intelligent and articulate. If true, welcome Newsy, smart people are always welcome in the Habs organization.

    Connor Bedard out for 4 months or so, looks like Chicago will suck again this season, couldn't happen to a better bunch. Bedard might pull a Larkin or get offer sheeted. He can't be liking what he sees there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:37 PM

      Alfie is a bestie of Sundin. He lowerded himself.

      Delete
  23. Anonymous9:35 PM

    New Assistant Coach Lalonde. Thanks for some great coaching Letowski.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a big thank you to Trevor, after watching The Rebuild, I thought he did a good job.
      I have his rookie card when he played for the Coyotes in 1999.

      Delete
  24. From the Big Letwoski to Newsy Lalonde.
    Agree with the M, Lalonde sounded like he knew what he was talking about on the panel. Mind you, a chimp would sound smart among that group...but I think he'll fit in. I thought a different bald guy would make the move from Laval, but he took off for Seattle to fill the vacancy left by their hot (and by all accounts very good) assistant coach. Has Laval hired a new HC yet?

    ReplyDelete
  25. CHester11:00 AM

    Sad for our bald ahl coach
    Looks like his timing was off a little bit or the fix was in
    Anyway we'll never know
    So our new bald guy has bounced around
    This is a good thing
    He's experienced the good times with the tampon dolts and cooper cool and the bad times with the dumpster fire in the armpit
    So we shall see what he brings or for that matter what Marty tasks him with
    Anyway
    Could be just me but I have noticed that we have not acquired our elusive number 2C which I'm happy about cause Kappy and his 20 goals was just fine with me and he's also an effin rookie
    I have also noticed that we have not acquired a snarling knuckle dragging cro magnon of a scoring beast winger as yet
    Or a towering bone crushing right handed D creature
    However I will be patient as IHWT
    But not for much longer
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The #2C is going back to Michigan for another crack at the Frozen Four championship.
      Kappy will hold the 2C spot until he drops down to the #3C spot once Pizza Phil's contract runs out.
      7s will continue to hold the #4C and help train his eventual replacement which is Beck on his wing.
      FloX will be the intelligent scary F1 on line 4.
      Bach should be the RD for now until Hughes finds a bone crusher.

      Don't read too much into the 'we need all this stuff' crowd, most of that is s f u driven out of the Armpit.
      Habs fans need to be patient just a bit longer.

      Delete
  26. sweepstakes winner, no other team has a core like ours locked up

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous6:44 PM

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/DakPOa3zJou/?igsh=dWQ3N242MzBkd25v

    ReplyDelete
  28. CHester3:02 AM

    Dunno if it's just me but our new bald guy looks like uncle fester
    Just sayin
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I said that when he was HC in Detroit.
      I've also seen him referred to as Dr Evil and Gru (the Despicable Me character).
      But hey, he says he can fix our PK so that's good enough for me, whatever his name is. But if he's the PK guy, what is the point of Robidas?

      Delete
  29. Just read that Carolinas Tom Dumbdumb had 9 family members' names engraved on the cup. That's a very Trumpy thing to do. The FLA owner put 5 of his family on it last year too. I hate America's wang.
    Please HuGo, do whatever it takes to bring the cup back to Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Leave it to a bunch of arrogant muricans to deface a cherished Canadian trophy.
    trump calls the Iranians scum, he should look in a mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing Lord Stanley's original trophy, (awarded annually to the best hockey team in the Dominion of CANADA), is safely stored at the HHoF in tranna where those murican assholes can't get at it. All they have is a replica.

      Delete
    2. Basil Pocklington is not the only name scratched out of the trophy. Brad Aldrich, a video coach for the Chicago Blackhawks in 2010 when they won the first of three championships in six years, had his name covered in 2021 after it came to light that he sexually assaulted player Kyle Beach, the cover-up of which triggered an independent investigation and a series of resignations.

      Delete
  31. The National Hockey League stole that trophy.
    Then the muricans stole the league.
    We should all quit watching now that Satan aka Rogers owns all the broadcast rights in Canada.
    It's all about fucking gambling now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve stole our game. Yes its stolen. Everthing in this world is now just biddness and if it is against the law they change the law.

      Delete
  32. I am not now, and never have been a member of Meta nee facebook. A badge that get me to the rapid line at Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  33. CHester3:56 PM

    Bogdans commin
    Looking forward to this
    It's been a while
    We like our ruskie D men
    Da
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen Swedish superstars come to laval and fail. A Russkie is that even possible? We can all hope and cope.

      Delete
    2. Another year in the K first though. So he comes in '27 to help Bogdown opposing offences.

      Delete
    3. CHester7:59 PM

      So next year our D will for sure have a different look
      Up and comin are the Egg man Rino and now Boggie
      Still have strudel and The Ax Man with Mr Pickford peeking in
      Me thinks some moves are comin
      GGH

      Delete
  34. With all these Russians here or coming soon, HuGo need to bring Vodkov aka the General back into the fold and show all these youngsters the ropes.
    It might even help convince Marchenko to request a trade out of Columbus.
    IHWT

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just read the starement from Hayley Wickenheiser about getting ditched by Chayka. Obvious mysoginy if I'm reading between the lines correctly. The all-Rogers, MLSE shitshow continues.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think we're looking at Ice Kap being given another shot as 2C for this year. He scored 20 goals as a rookie...playing with another rookie. Sure he ran out of steam for the playoffs but that year under his belt is huge.
    Then at the trade deadline, the Habs pick up some experience for the playoffs run. I think the Pens truly overachieved last year and will be a bottom 10 team this year. Sid is in the final year of his contract and it will be the last opportunity for Dumbass to get futures for him by taking picks and prospects at the deadline. This is me not letting the Sid dream die just yet, even though he turns 39 in a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CHester8:34 AM

      I have no problem with Kappy as our 2C
      We can't let our PO success take away from the fact that we are in a rebuild and have a plethora of rookies
      We still need to grow our younglings and Ice Kap is front and centre
      A success story in my mind
      I mean our no 1 rookie Mr Demi had what 19 goals and Ice Kap had 20
      Ok he needs to develop some shine to his game
      Playing C is a little more complicated but give him a chance ffs
      We are still bringing up newbies so let's not get ahead of ourselves some of our most promising pieces are just hitting the AHL
      No rush stay the course
      And no friggin in the riggin
      GGH

      Delete
    2. I mentioned earlier Ice Kap is the 2C until the Pharoah arrives next spring.
      Kap ran out of gas last spring, it happens.
      I would still like to see HuGo get a power winger to play with Demi.
      I've moved on from the Sid fantasy.
      As long as he is under contract to Pitt he is staying.
      We'll see after that.
      I do agree that Pitt should bottom out this season, last year had to be a fluke.

      Delete
    3. CHester4:27 PM

      Well Sid and the flightless birds are in the hands of dumbass
      So anything goes
      But pretty sure that's a leaky boat
      So we'll see some classic dumbass moves soon enough
      However he's just as likely to sign Sid for 8 years at 14 large as he is to trade him
      Agree on the big winger tho
      Seems like there must be one of those out there
      Fingers crossed
      GGH

      Delete
  37. Their is no rush. Last year Washington schooled us, this year the Whaler Canes taught us some lessons. but while the series was not a toss up, the god could have given us the win.
    We need 4 solid lines to beat the canes next time, the problem is Florida is comming back like the broad street bullies and our Larry Robinson is number 6 or 7 on the D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People seem to forget, the first game of that Whalercane series, Montreal smoked those dipshits.
      The next two games went to OT.
      It was only Games 4 and 5 where the hillbillies asserted themselves over a team that had played two tough fucking 7 games series, the first one was especially hard. The 'billies made good use of their cakewalk to the ECF and then dispatched an overrated Pissers team.
      I don't know if Montreal can repeat that run next spring but those guys learned a lot.
      1. Put your opponent away asap.
      2. Shoot the damn puck more.
      Florida doesn't worry me, the chucklehead bros will get hurt or be in the box lots.
      Ratface is old and slow.
      Goonass will get suspended at some point.
      Markstrom is no Bob, he'll get lit up lots, he's a sieve.
      They will be killing lots of penalties.
      Montreal's biggest threats will be Buffalo and the Dolts again in the Atlantic.


      Delete
    2. CHester8:18 PM

      There has been much learnt by the boys about playoff hockey
      There has been much learnt by Hugo as to what we got
      The one that concerns me is Marty didn't seen to catch on to the elevation of violence from round to round otherwise he would have made some adjustments
      He sent out the same bunch and expected different results
      Now CHester isn't pooping on our Marty as he has as much to learn about coaching in the PO's as any newbe, but ya know, we have some folks who know a thing or two about PO's sipping expensive scotch in the alumni room
      As I've always told Mrs CHester it's good to be flexible...
      Just wondering if Hugo loads up on Glebs and Gleb lookalikes will Mr Marty cozy up to that style
      Just wondering
      Marty seems like a peacenik in a violent land
      Hope I'm wrong
      GGH

      Delete
    3. Anonymous8:53 PM

      I look to Scotty Bowman (rename the fucking Jack Adams already), he knew what everyone of his players brought. MSL should heed this message.

      Delete
    4. Agreed, Marty has to realize the violence level increases each round you advance.
      He needs to integrate and learn to trust players like Arber, FloX and eventually Gleb.
      Otherwise, the Habs will continue to get run over.

      I forgot to mention in my rant that many of the Habs were playing through some serious injuries.
      Nick, Slaf, Horse, Dobber were all definitely hurting by round 3.
      Kap was out of gas and guys like Bolduc and Tex were wondering 'what the f*ck is going on' this is nuts.
      Anyway, they all got their eyes opened big time.

      Jack Adams.
      If you ever saw the movie 'Net Worth', which was about Ted Lindsay trying to get the player's union started, it showed what a SOB Adams was and how he treated his stars like Howe and Lindsay. The late Al Waxman, a great Canadian actor, played Adams and did a great job.

      Delete
    5. Scotty Bowman's biggest flaw is Stan.

      Delete
    6. I agree that award should be changed to Bowman. But with Bett99man in charge, it has a better chance to be renamed the Tortorella or some other American name.

      Delete
  38. Anonymous11:41 AM

    Added some new picks ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of get it. You put a contract for $90m in front of 22 year old me, it would be hard to say no to. I do wonder what the other offer sheets looked like though. Did Kent send one in? I'm sure it's tough when you put a boatload of cash in front of a 22 year old, but I'd like to think I'd be like the guys that have signed team freindly deals with the Habs and tell myself "I think I can live on $60 or 70m, I don't need 90".
      This will fuck up the ability to attract some players, where the mighty dollar is their priority, but maybe when UFA season hits in 2028, McJ will look at a strong contending Habs team and sign for a friendly amount. Now a friendly amount for him might be $15-16m, and I'm not sure that his ego would let him sign for less than Leo fucking Carlsson.

      Delete
  39. Let's all hope the Carlsson offer sheet is an outlier.
    I doubt McD will ever be a Hab, can't see his ego allowing him to defer to Captain Nature.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Looks like two of the most eviel people on the planet are dead, we can only hope the 3 thing is real. No rush, with out internal core if we can get two more top six players developed and signed on we should be unstoppable. In two years if we are just that close, McDavid might sign one year at one mill just to win the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Go with Mantha, we can develop a PP 2. Not more than two years though. I would add Krieder in, and let him live, maybe just a few accedental pucks to the groin.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Anonymous3:12 PM

    Daniel Jacob est nommé entraîneur-chef de Laval.

    Don’t know him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a man with a plan. I mean, he has a backup first name as a last name...

      Delete
  43. Anonymous6:18 PM

    Beaners …

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/DavbgTRpqyU/?igsh=aTM0bzhuMzlzNmEx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a thoroughly enjoyable game.
      Revenge for some beatdowns suffered during the rebuild.

      Delete
  44. Aaahh, the dog days of summer. Let's enjoy them, unless you are sweltering in the heat in central and western Canada. It hasn't been too bad here in New Brunswick, it's hot inland at times but here in Saint John on the Bay of Fundy, if the wind is off the water it's natural air conditioning. Plus, it cools off at night so you can sleep.
    Not much hockey news these days, just the usual ramblings about DaCH, AX, Strubel, Monty, blah, blah.

    The British Open starts tomorrow, my favourite golf tournament of the year, hopefully a UK or European players wins it.
    I've got 25 rounds in so far, shot in the 70s a few times, but mostly in the 82-85 range. That's 18 holes by the way, just so we're clear.

    The NFL is just around the corner as well, I think the NY Giants might actually contend for the NFC East this year. Even with MAGA Jaxson Dart at QB.

    GYFHG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:35 AM

      ISWYDT

      Delete
    2. That's good scoring. Maybe when I retire next year, take a few more lessons and play some more I can get my score to the 90 range.

      Delete
    3. Yeah the Canadian men have been pretty quiet this year, so we can't expect anything from them. So go Euros! Or ABA (anybody but americans)

      Delete
  45. Mantha signs with NJ - 2 years at $4.75 Million per season. Cross that one off the CH rumour list.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow, Stevie Y. out as the Red Wings GM, that changes the water on the beans for Larkin I would suspect.

    What was that I said about no hockey news?

    ReplyDelete
  47. Anonymous11:39 AM

    NHL announces home openers for 2026-27; Leafs host Habs on Sept. 29 opening night.

    I thought I asked Geoff Molson to put a stop to these first games of the season vs the leaf in tranna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know one Habs fan that want to open the season vs the leaf, at home or on the road.
      There are 6 other teams I would consider bigger rivals. Starting with the team just down the road in Ottawa.
      But the SFU need the perceived Habs rivalry so they can remain relevant I guess.

      Delete
    2. Rogers/leafnet are scum.

      Delete
  48. Anonymous9:01 PM

    Goal of the season …

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/DXihV8PMEPH/?igsh=Zmt1Mnp0Z2k1NTg3

    ReplyDelete
  49. So DaCH signs a 1 year deal for $3.6m.
    Welcome to The Last Chance Saloon, kid.
    Unless he gets traded...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Third line RW, yes, probably last kick at the can.
      I'll be shocked he plays more than 50 games.
      UFA after this season.

      Delete
  50. Anonymous5:49 PM

    leafnet lists top 10 games to look forward to in the upcoming season. 3 are leaf games. There’s 32 teams.

    ReplyDelete
  51. This is entirely plausible :

    In order to provide fans with the quality they've come to love while navigating the challenges of a restructuring economy, we at Sportsnet are proud to announce Maple+, your new home for all things blue and white!

    This unprecedented partnership with Mammon, Father of Lies, and MLSE, grants Sportsnet the exclusive rights for any and all games featuring a Maple Leafs player, current or previous, in perpetuity and in all markets. Maple+ is how your chance to never miss a single beat of the action!*

    Subscribe now and get a special "True Blue" 7% fan discount on the first six months of any ten-year commitment! At only 185.99$ per month**, real fans won't want to miss out on this limited-time offer!***

    PLUS: Meet our brand-new roster of AI-powered commentators and analysts, providing accurate, state-of-the-art insights, at lightning-fast speeds, with their unique brand of humor and genuine camaraderie. You won't even notice they aren't human!

    * Away games not included. Games between other teams featuring former Maple Leafs players will be blacked out across all regions. Fans of other teams can subscribe to Maple- for easy viewing.
    ** Subscription includes access to Maple+ exclusive streams for one (1) device. All streams are sourced from 480p footage upscaled in-browser to 1080p. Price subject to change without warning, rhyme, or reason.
    *** Quantities are limited. Early cancellation carries a fee of all remaining months. Basic plan discount supported by generous advertising partners. For an ad-free experience, subscribe to Maple++ Super Extreme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:09 PM

      So good !

      Delete
    2. That was a made up post from another site, it was hilarious and I had to share it.
      When I read last spring that ml$e was charging kids $1000 to carry the leaf flag at home games I was incredulous that Rogers would stoop that low. Hence, I could actually see them pulling some bullshit move like that now that CBC is out of the picture.

      Delete
  52. DaCH stays in the fold and avoids arbitration, signing a 1-year $3.6 Million deal. He'll be a UFA after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last chance for Dach...given he can't seem to play more than a handful of games without breaking a nail and being off for a month, this might give him some motivation to man up and become the player the Habs need.

      Delete
  53. CHester6:33 PM

    We need an upgrade from dach Tex and pizza Phil
    We need to just grit our teeth and bring up little Ax Jeff Beck and get a monster bone crushing scoring winger
    We need to trade strudel bring up rhino and get a monster bone crushing scoring RH D
    Then we need to start our upcoming endless streak of wining The Cup
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
  54. Anonymous7:33 PM

    … so many nice goals.

    Fuck you Sabres.

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/DYgRooiyopj/?igsh=MWJydDB3cXZiajU4eQ==

    ReplyDelete
  55. Anonymous7:43 PM

    Ratface in the box … stay til the end.

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/Da6PzLpJdjb/?igsh=MWxmYzdoY2FicmNuOA==

    ReplyDelete
  56. The Odyssey is outstanding. Long version of Yoda's line: "Wars not make one great" but with a great performance by Damon, as well as Hathaway, Samantha Morton, John Leguizamo and Elliot Page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:57 PM

      Did you see it in imax ?

      Delete
    2. No, and I didn't miss it one bit in the 4th row. At the Royal-Mount, a newly built cinema with large, comfortable reclining seating. Expensive enough that way too.

      Delete
  57. If the USA, specifically the dumber than a rock republikkkans and brain dead maga fucks, couldn't prove any further their ignorance and stupidity --- then sure, blame the Canadian people for wildfires started mostly by lightning strikes for the smoke blown by wind and the jet stream across the border. They must figure we start fires for fun and have giant fans blowing smoke in their direction.
    How do these clowns manage to function in real life and, manage to somehow convince people to vote for them?
    I don't know how Canadian government officials or business leaders can even have a discussion with these morons or not just tell them to fuck right off with their nonsense.

    OK, now that I got that off my chest, lots of chatter about the Habs staying the course, hang on to their young players and roll it back again this season. After all, they are a 106 point team with lots of young stars that should only be better with another season under their collective belts.
    Give Beck and BaCH a shot to make the team out of training camp then wait for an opportunity to pounce on some team that goes off the rails early --- I'm looking at you Columbus.

    ReplyDelete
  58. CTK, Crash Test Kirby, good nick and vid from the HockeyJunkie:
    https://youtu.be/ZGGpK_x4u0s?si=N3lV0A24qRIaCEce

    ReplyDelete
  59. Anonymous9:17 PM

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/Da6yFgTxRYY/?igsh=OWppZno1ajY3dmQw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:24 PM

      https://www.instagram.com/reel/Da6Ig7EyjYN/?igsh=MWx6OHp6ZTk0czVubg==

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:06 PM

      https://www.instagram.com/reel/Da6wShPK8Fi/?igsh=MTB6Z2Fwcmp2emZlbw==

      Delete
    3. My good friend Bryson would never cheat. He's too honorable like myself.

      Delete
  60. steve7:24 AM

    Shut by blogger

    ReplyDelete
  61. steve8:07 AM

    I will be getting a SportsNet subscription for the first time ever to watch Maple+. Been out raking the forests but Trump still angry. There is a direct correlation between forest fires and climate change. Basically the warming of the north stops the ground from being swampy. Lets concentrate on stopping the tides.
    Its tough to burn the swamp trust me. Crash Test Kirby, hope he drives a Volvo. Bedard not worth 15 million.
    How many more small players can we afford- i say zero. Run it back baby, two times, Jim Morrison.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thank you Ryan Fox of New Zealand for sending the You Essay home empty handed from the Open.
    A B A.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Anonymous6:59 PM

    Congrats Spain.

    Let’s give Cabo Verde second place, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  64. Not sure what the opening night roster will look like this year, but it was pretty clear what the prime need was for the future.
    Round 2, pick 57 - Tim Runtso - RHD, 6'2" 186 lbs (Not so runty)
    Round 3, pick 93 - Cooper Cleaves - RHD, 6'3" 203 lbs (Leave it to Cleaver)
    Round 6, pick 190 - Wesley Royston - RHD, 6'4" 190 lbs (As you wish)

    Add to that a couple of LHDs and of course Gleb. at 6'3" 224 lbs at 18 years old, it appears that in this instance at least, size does matter.

    I'm still holding out hope on Marchenko, but like the M says we may need to wait for that team to become the dumpster fire we all know it will be before that happens.


    ReplyDelete
  65. CHester4:21 PM

    Why hasn't Hugo signed BullDuke and Ax Man?
    Inquiring minds wish to know
    These are two required signings
    Let's go Hugo!
    Last chance for CTK
    Worried about him having a banner year, says see I can do it
    Gets his ass signed medium term bigger money and then he reverts to CTK and we're stuck with him
    He needs to be unloaded when the time is right
    Sorry not sorry
    As a side note soccer/football is boring
    Best parts are the Klod Lemieux look alikes writhing around on the ground mere seconds from death when touched by an opponent
    Shear hilarity
    Anyway
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
  66. CHester6:53 PM

    I notice that The Glorious Habs have made Uncle Fester an Associate Coach
    Not an Assistant Coach
    What's in a word eh?
    Does this mean he's more than an assistant but less than a coach?
    Inquiring minds want to know
    Maybe that's what took so long to announce it, had to talk to Marty
    Hmmmm strokes chin
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:33 PM

      The difference is mo' money.
      Associates are paid a little more. I'm guessing because Fester was a head coach elsewhere as Trevor wasn't.

      Delete
    2. CHester11:01 PM

      Well I remember another associate coach wasn't that Captain Kirk
      My memory is fuzzy but I'm sure we had a bad experience with an Associate Coach
      I'm sensing some cracks in our coaching armour
      Maybe Hugo didn't like the manner of our PO exit
      Perhaps some restructuring is on the move
      Just wondering
      GGH

      Delete
  67. I liked Rory calling out Bryson when he was performing his shenanigans at the Open. The fucker cheated just like his orange pedo prez. Rory about Bryson : "I don't like him."

    ReplyDelete
  68. CHester7:41 PM

    Can somebody explain the reason for Brendan Kelly
    I don't see a reason
    Make him go away
    Please
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
  69. Anonymous8:04 PM

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/DbBwMIKCPs7/?igsh=dXV4ZjZ0ZmFnOGIz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff. Can't remember what we called him, should've maybe been Trojan?

      Delete
    2. I thought it was condom but, could have been Trojan or Shiek maybe?
      Anyway, good guy, always happy to see some alumni return to the fold.

      Delete
  70. Anonymous7:27 AM

    How’s ‘bout dem jays ?

    ReplyDelete
  71. Love the Spaniards sticking it to the fat orange bag of shit.
    Go Spain!
    I hope Carney tells the fat fuck to stick his latest threat up his fat orange ass. I would.

    ReplyDelete
  72. CHester5:32 PM

    Good for Ont Premier and BC premier for sticking to the yankee liquor ban
    Alberta and Sask are clearly where we keep our republicants
    Losers both wab and the stupid woman
    She was making trips down to bend over to the rapist whereas Wab seems dumb and just happy to be here
    Anyway fuck murica and muricants
    Dumb shit for brains inbred uneducated racist fucktards
    Found a dead floating black kid after a white Mississippi party
    Hummm
    Little 1960s retro action
    What a sick country
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Wab you're thinking of, but Scott Moe. He and the Smith bitch are bootlickers.

      Delete
    2. Yeah Wab is a cool cat.
      His line is no CUSMA, No booze-ma! Lol

      Delete
    3. Anonymous10:15 PM

      Mixin’ up the wonderful Wab with the scum of Sask.

      Delete
    4. CHester11:25 PM

      That's right Wab is Manitoba
      My bad
      GGH

      Delete
  73. CHester11:34 PM

    So just to bone up on my premiers I just did some reading on Scott Moe
    What a stupid dumbass he is
    No wonder he gets along with the bitch
    Reading on Wikipedia about his conflicts and I only got to 2022
    How is it that stupid dumbass fucktards get their asses elected
    Carney should come out with a law that says clearly if you are a fucktard you can't run for public office
    Anyway
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
  74. It's time for Carney to take the gloves off and start hitting back at the orange cork soaker.
    Enough is enough.
    Being nice is getting us nowhere.
    Start putting retaliatory tariffs on their shit.
    Don't buy their shit.
    Cut off the energy supply from Ontario, Quebec and Alberta.
    If we go down we go down swinging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:48 AM

      100%

      Delete
    2. CHester4:32 PM

      Agreed
      Maybe Carney has something up his sleeve and maybe The Fordster is a little yippy and maybe the bitch and the bitches dog are just a little too republicant period
      But
      It's time to roll up the sleeves, maybe not quite take the gloves off, but lets be a little, fuck you and the horse you rode in on, if that would be OK.
      The more the rapist plays his stupid tariff game the stupider they all look.
      Oh the hilarity
      GGH

      Delete
  75. Go watch Greer answer questions form Congress why they are putting more tariffs on Canada.
    He starts whining about the booze boycott, milk and counter tariffs ... holy fuck, why do you think that happened you dumb shit ... BECAUSE YOU FUCKING STARTED IT !!!
    They can't stand it when somebody hits back, they cry like little bitches.
    I say give them a few more shots to the nuts.
    For example, here in Saint John, the Irving refinery supplies 85% of the jet fuel that's used at Logan Airport in Boston. Let's shut that off and see what happens. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  76. CHester6:03 PM

    That would be a thought.
    Muricants don't seem to understand that anything made in murica can be purchased elsewhere
    Whereas muricants need what we have
    So it's time to get a little pushy
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
  77. CHester7:36 AM

    Why don't The Ax man and BullDuke has contracts?
    Whats going on?
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kent's on vacation until August 1st.

      Delete
  78. CHester6:01 PM

    Oh ok
    Interesting blabber on the interwebs
    No Kane for Barfalo
    And
    Little Mitchie didn't have a smooth exit or a nice couple years in the armpit
    Snif Snif
    I feel for the guy tho
    Underpants is untouchable and the cone head just might actually say something so no poking around there and well Jonny Toronto is sleepwalking and doesn't give a flying fuck when he's awake anyway
    So poor Mitchie Snif Snif
    What was it $11,000,000.00 to play fucking hockey? Snif
    Anyway so we shall wait for Hugo
    Patiently
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
  79. Anonymous6:47 PM

    I cant post

    ReplyDelete
  80. Well well well, I dont know what to say its so long I cant post

    ReplyDelete
  81. Not because I can go to my friends house and watch everything all the time on KOdi. But is you want to really hit the American tech fucks stock in the nuts. Cancel everytihing Netfixs etc and take a cab My friend says he walks but otherwise everything you pay for with Yankee dollars is free on Kodi

    ReplyDelete
  82. CHester6:59 PM

    I'm confused about Uncle Fester
    Didn't he have the ability to turn into a bat I think so
    This could be useful
    Strokes chin
    GGH

    ReplyDelete
  83. Anonymous9:29 PM

    How’s bout dem jays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:30 PM

      https://www.instagram.com/reel/DbI4QmnCji5/?igsh=enVzNzlvZDVrazlk

      Delete
  84. Anonymous8:54 AM

    The sfu can’t get over HIM, nor themselves. Fuck your COTU.

    https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/mitch-marner-is-still-the-focus-of-everything-in-leafland-his-agent-is-right-about-that-much/article_8d57d4c8-9c7f-4cf8-8a8b-327e82639373.html

    ReplyDelete
  85. Anonymous6:08 PM

    https://www.instagram.com/reel/DbKi86JgCD-/?igsh=MWlyanB3djFzenB0dQ==

    ReplyDelete
  86. Twenty Cent gets $8mil per for two years in Chicago ... I hope cabbies or Uber drivers can make change...

    ReplyDelete
  87. That does not even include Maple plus
    Looking at Sportsnet's webpage for Sportsnet+, all available plans are affected by the change, which comes into effect on September 22. The Standard plan will increase from $29.99/mo to $34.99/mo, with the Annual plan going from $249.99/year to $269.99/year. The Premium plan was also affected, going from $42.99/mo to $44.99/mo, and from $324.99/year to $344.99/year.

    ReplyDelete
  88. post the pic
    https://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/article/st-louis-rencontre-une-idole/

    ReplyDelete
  89. I wanna say just axe me how the last battle for the Billy Bishop Airprot whent dwon. You had JP Morgan and the Preemer Doug on oneside allong will the full force of the MSM to convice us flying gas tanks on flames over the city was good Bidness. Carney looked at the numbers and he saw boondgolle unicoron tripple seven bad outcmes. And he did the hard thing, he told JP Morgan your going to lose a few billion, and he told Doug Ford the same thing.

    ReplyDelete